https://alumni.uga.edu/wp-content/uploads/SweetWater-Pre-Event-Featured-Image-Blog.jpg 423 900 Ally Hellenga https://alumni.uga.edu/wp-content/uploads/uga-alumni-nba-1.png Ally Hellenga2019-06-20 12:34:222019-07-02 11:54:58Five punny reasons you don’t want to miss UGA Young Alumni Night at SweetWater
Five punny reasons you don’t want to miss UGA Young Alumni Night at SweetWater
We know you don’t really need an excuse to go to SweetWater … it kind of sells itself. But indulge us anyway. Here are five reasons missing this annual event would be un-beer-able:
- Don’t worry, beer hoppy. What better way to spend a summer Friday than surrounded by fellow Bulldogs? Reminisce about sunny afternoons on north campus, be grateful you’re not spending your evening cramming in the MLC and count down the days until football season returns ( … it’ll be 64 from Young Alumni Night).
- New taproom? Ale yeah! Did you know that SweetWater recently renovated and reopened its much-anticipated taproom? The new space allows for 24 different beers to be available on tap. Yeah, you read that right.
- Hip hops. A local Atlanta band will be performing some of your favorite songs all night long. Pretend you’re back in Athens at the 40 Watt, Georgia Theatre or Hendershots.
- Pitcher perfect. Take a selfie, pose with friends and make the perfect boomerang glass clink. Your Instagram feed will thank you.
- You’re supporting students – thank brew very much! A portion of your ticket price will help fund UGA student scholarships.
Bonus reason: FOOD.
Let’s be honest – you don’t have anything planned for next Friday anyway. Grab a friend (or five), request an Uber/Lyft/Bird/Lime and we’ll see you there. Cheers!
9 p.m. to midnight