UGA Black Alumni is the official affinity group for black graduates of the University of Georgia.
There are other organizations and groups that seek to connect black alumni and students, and this group is another opportunity for those important interactions. UGA Black Alumni connects alumni and students with shared experiences to continue building a welcoming and supportive campus community. Get involved and make a difference at your alma mater!
Apply to Join the Council
UGA Black Alumni Leadership Council Expectations
- Serve two-year term
- Attend council meetings (3-4 each year)
- Actively participate in at least one committee and support committee chair
- Serve as a representative, ambassador, and extension of the UGA Alumni Association at all events
- Donate at least $300 per year to the UGA Foundation or other academic pursuits at UGA
- Get trained annually as an admissions representative and in fundraising for volunteers
- Must notify secretary in advance of program/event of their attendance or absence
- Help identify new council members
- Help guide non-council volunteers on processes and practices of the council
To be considered, applicants must attend one informational sessions. Informational session details listed below:
When: Tuesday, Nov. 13th, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Where: 5 Seasons Westside (1000 Marietta Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318)
When: Monday, Nov. 19th, 11:30am-1:00pm
Where: CRI Event Space (4360 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30341, 3rd floor)
Registrations for both events will be available soon.
Recruit – Black students, faculty and staff to the university
Retain – Support students to completion of degree programs
Engage – Current students and alumni by mentoring and professional development
Donate – ‘Friendraising’ and fundraising for UGA needs
Serve – as UGA ambassadors in the community and to fellow Bulldogs
Black Alumni Scholarship Fund
UGA Black Alumni Leadership Council
If you are passionate about building a welcoming UGA community for all Bulldogs, and enjoy helping fellow alumni connect to their alma mater, you should consider volunteering on one of the UGA Black Alumni Leadership Council Committees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected with this fantastic team of volunteers.
If you are interested in learning more about UGA alumni affinity groups/networks or starting one for a different group of graduates, please email Realenn Watters (AB ’04) at email@example.com.
UGA Black Alumni InstagramFollow us @ugablackalumni
Offices and student organizations promoting campus diversity:
- Department of Intercultural Affairs: Multicultural Services and Programs
- Office of Institutional Diversity
- Institute for African American Studies
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Graduate and Professional Students Organization
- Black Law Students Alliance