We can’t wait to see each of you on campus for UGA’s 2019 Alumni Weekend. Below are a few details to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. See you soon!
CHECK-IN / ARRIVAL
Alumni Weekend guests can check in immediately prior to the dinner on Thursday evening in Moore-Rooker Hall, a new building in the Terry College of Business Learning Community.
Enter the building from Hull Street; look for yard signs, staff and students to direct you.
If you are unable to attend the dinner, please check in on Friday morning at Bolton Dining Commons. Look for the UGA staff or student near Alumni Weekend signage who will have your meal ticket and other information and swag for the weekend.
A detailed schedule for the weekend will be provided upon check-in. Here is a summary of the weekend’s activities:
- Registration opens at 6:00 p.m. in Moore-Rooker Hall.
- Orientation Dinner check-in starts at 6:30 p.m. in Moore-Rooker Hall.
- Orientation Dinner with UGA President Jere W. Morehead from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., also in Moore-Rooker Hall.
- Breakfast on your own in Bolton Dining Commons from 7:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- First period in Correll Hall from 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Second period in Correll Hall from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch on your own in Bolton Dining Commons from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Third period in Miller Learning Center at 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Free time from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Reception at Wall & Broad in downtown Athens from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- TEDxUGA at The Classic Center from 7:00 -10:00 p.m.
- Commencement Brunch in the Sanford Stadium SkyClub from 10:30 a.m. – noon.
- Optional Activities begin at noon
We encourage you to walk, use campus transportation or leverage ride-sharing apps throughout the weekend as campus parking is limited and transportation is not being arranged for Alumni Weekend participants. If you prefer to drive and park on campus, see detailed parking information below.
You can download the UGA Mobile App to really feel like a student again—some of your best memories were probably on a UGA bus!
If you have accessibility needs, please email Lauren Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parking is limited on campus and available on a first-come, first-served basis. For Thursday’s dinner, guest parking will be available in the Hull Street Deck, directly across from Moore-Rooker Hall.
For classes, we recommend parking at the Tate Center Parking Deck. We will have complimentary passes available for your use so that you are not charged when you exit.
For the Friday evening reception, we recommend rideshare services or walking because TEDxUGA brings such a large crowd downtown! If you do need to park, we recommend the North Campus Parking Deck and we will provide a complimentary parking pass or you can park at the Classic Center Parking Deck (charges apply).
For Saturday’s brunch, all surface lots and Field Street parking will be available to guests. If you are looking for a particular lot, we recommend S01 which is adjacent to the Physics Building.
If you have yet to secure accommodations in the Athens area, please do so soon. The hotel blocks for Alumni Weekend have closed, but hotels in Athens still have availability. View a complete listing of local hotel options at VisitAthensGa.com.
As you participate in Alumni Weekend, please feel free to dress casually. We encourage comfortable shoes as you traverse campus—and you know we love a good red and black outfit.
Attire for a few specific activities are below:
- Orientation Dinner: Dressy Casual
- Reception at Wall & Broad: Dressy Casual
- Commencement Brunch: Casual
Download a pdf of the Alumni Weekend Attendee Booklet.