The University of Georgia Alumni Association has added 32 new members to the leadership councils for the Black Alumni, Latino Alumni, Women of UGA and Young Alumni affinity groups.
“We are so pleased to welcome these passionate alumni who are committed to helping their fellow Bulldogs maintain lifelong relationships with UGA,” said Meredith Gurley Johnson, executive director of alumni relations. “I look forward to working with them and seeing how they use their unique perspectives to represent our vast alumni network.”
The following alumni have joined the affinity group leadership councils to help build a community among specific alumni populations including young alumni, women, Black alumni and Latino alumni.
- Kiondre M. Dunnam, director of public relations and community engagement, The Brookman Group; Douglasville, Georgia; BSED ’16
- Alicea Gaston, manager of foundation communications and stewardship, Wellstar Health System; Marietta, Georgia; BS ’10, AB ’10, MBA ’18
- Camille Telicia Gordon, leadership and life design strategist, The Intentional Goddess; Atlanta, Georgia; BS ’08
- Shirleyse Haley, senior skilling marketing manager for security, Microsoft; Smyrna, Georgia; ABJ ’11
- Godswill Nwankwo, program manager, Google; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’20
- Aspen Robinson, Ph.D., manager of leadership development and culture strategy, Accenture; Atlanta, Georgia; BS ’14, PHD ’19
Current council member Shayla Hill (BBA ’08) began her one-year term as president of the Black Alumni Leadership Council on July 1.
- Justin Acosta, business consultant, NCR Corporation; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’23
- Char-Lynn Griffiths, staff customer researcher, Intuit Mailchimp; Atlanta, Georgia; ABJ ’07
- Kimberly M. Lopez, equity coordinator, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine; Cumming, Georgia; AB ’20, MPA ’22
- Michael E. Pérez, attorney and owner, The Pérez Law Firm; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’97, JD ’00
- Orlando Burgos Pimentel, market research project manager; Decatur, Georgia; ABJ ’17
- Anthony Rodriguez, executive director, HUB404 Conservancy; Atlanta, Georgia; BFA ’91
- Marline Thomas, lead office of CIO and technology, Orbia; Duluth, Georgia; MIT ’09
- Claudia Trejo Valenzuela, secondary English teacher, East Forsyth High School; Flowery Branch, Georgia; BS ’22, ME ’24
Current council member Jazmine Medrano (BSFCS ’15) began her one-year term as president of the Latino Alumni Leadership Council on July 1.
Women of UGA
- Payton Anderson, director, IndustryPro; Roswell, Georgia; BBA ’18
- Debbie Durrence, Ed.D., executive director of data governance, Gwinnett County Public Schools; Suwanee, Georgia; BSED ’98, EDD ’04
- Ekta Gaur, management consultant for strategy and transformation; Atlanta, Georgia; BS ’06
- Audrey Lewis, attorney, Gregory, Doyle, Calhoun and Rogers; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’07, ABJ ’09, JD ’10
- Sarah Sprayberry, senior manager of warehouse sales operations, The Coca-Cola Company; Atlanta, Georgia; BSA ’95
- Caroline Stelling; senior vice president and business unit leader, RPS Group; Marietta, Georgia; BSES ’11
- Tiffany Nicole Wooten, director of annual giving, The Westminster Schools; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’11, MPA ’15
Current council member Laura Jalbert (BSW ’99, MSW ’00) began her one-year term as president of the Women of UGA Leadership Council on July 1.
- Sam Canales, financial planning analyst, brand manager, Creative Financial Group, a division of Synovus; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’21
- Nickolas Collins, consumer insights manager, Ford Motor Company; Decatur, Georgia; MBA ’22
- Caroline Cordell, student, Emory University School of Nursing; Atlanta, Georgia; BSFCS ’22
- Kanler Cumbass, associate, Education Strategy Group; Atlanta, Georgia; MED ’21
- Isabella Joseph, junior interior designer, Lord Aeck Sargent; Athens, Georgia; BFA ’20
- Hanna Jon Lewis, Minute Maid brand assistant, The Coca-Cola Company; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’20, MS ’21
- Avery Monthero, in-flight service peer support program lead, Delta Air Lines; Atlanta, Georgia, BSFCS ’17
- Jackson O’Brien, attorney, Butler Snow LLP; Atlanta, Georgia; AB ’18, JD ’21
- Tyra Roberts, product manager, Bank of America; Atlanta, Georgia; BBA ’19
- Ariel Watt, associate consultant, McKinsey & Company; Charlottesville, Virginia; AB ’19
Current council member John Bowden (BBA ’13) began his one-year term as president of the Young Alumni Leadership Council on July 1.