June is LGBTQ Pride month, and this year, New York City will be hosting World Pride to commemorate the 50-year anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in West Village, which marked the beginning of the modern Gay Rights movement. This is a perfect time to work with an organization that supports the LGBTQ community, celebrate Pride, and of course hang with fellow Dawgs!
From 4:00 – 8:15 pm on Friday, June 14, NYC Dawgs volunteers will help provide GMHC’s dinner service. Volunteer opportunities will include:
- Assisting food preparation
- Serving meals to clients
- Bussing trays and cleaning the kitchen
- Assisting clients with mobility challenges
- Interacting and engaging with clients
Our group of UGA volunteers made this event hugely successful last year. Don’t miss a chance to participate! Spots are limited to 14 volunteers.
Interested in volunteering?
- Email Patrick Klibanoff to sign-up and reserve a spot (or to ask questions if you have them!)
- After confirming your participation, we will follow-up with additional details.
You can learn more about GMHC here: http://www.gmhc.org/