Where can I find out the latest news regarding UGA and COVID-19?
- Updates and resources are available on UGA’s coronavirus website and on www.uga.edu. Check these pages regularly for ongoing updates.
- Please ignore rumors and unsubstantiated information that might come from other sources. Updates for faculty, staff and students will be disseminated via ArchNews emails, which are being aggregated on UGA’s coronavirus website.
- See how the UGA alumni family is rising to the occasion during this challenging time.
Which events are canceled? Are any postponed?
- In-person events through the end of May will NOT take place as planned. Registrants for canceled events have been emailed directly. Some events may be postponed/hosted virtually and registrants will be informed of new date information as it is finalized.
- We continue to assess events June 1 and beyond.
- For the most updated information, we encourage you to visit our Alumni Calendar to view that event’s respective calendar entry for details.
I paid to attend an event. Will I receive a refund?
- For March events, we began processing refunds in April. Questions about your refund status? Please email email@example.com.
- For paid event registrations that included a gift, refunds will not include the gift component of your original purchase.
When will you know if additional events are canceled, postponed or going to be hosted virtually?
- USG, UGA and DAR leadership continue to assess events on June 1 and beyond.
- For the most updated information, we encourage you to visit our Alumni Calendar to view a specific event’s respective calendar entry for details.
How will I know if my event is canceled or postponed?
- If you are registered for an event (at any time) and it is canceled, postponed, or the format is changed, you will receive an email with additional information.
- You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
I have questions about an upcoming event. Who should I contact?
- Our team is managing a large quantity of inquiries relating to events and programs – and we are working remotely. Therefore, please email email@example.com and we’ll be sure to respond as soon as we can. Thank you!
Will virtual events (webinars or resume reviews, etc.) take place as planned?
- At this time, alumni can continue using Career Center services via virtual appointments, webinars, and virtual LinkedIn/Resume critiques.
- Alumni can schedule virtual appointments through Handshake. A Zoom link will be sent via email once the appointment is approved in Handshake.
- All webinars and virtual resume/LinkedIn critiques hosted by the UGA Career Center will take place as planned.
- To access resume templates, job search resources, and on-demand webinars, click here.
- For additional questions, please contact the UGA Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there new virtual events being planned?
Alumni Relations Staff
Is your team working during this crisis?
- The University System of Georgia (USG) has moved all 26 institutions to online instruction for the remainder of the semester and through summer.
- Our staff is telecommuting beginning March 16. Our greatest attention will be placed on protecting the health and well-being of our alumni and campus communities during this time.
- If you need to reach us, please email email@example.com or visit our staff directory to email a staff member who can assist you.
How do I contact a member of the Alumni Relations team?
Support and Fundraising
With so many in the UGA community affected by this crisis, is there anything I can do?
- Please follow all guidance provided by public health officials. Official updates relating to the university will be posted to UGA’s coronavirus webpage.
- As always, your financial support is appreciated. Gifts can be made online and can be directed to a variety of areas of campus, including student emergency funds.
- See a Dawg doing good during this difficult time? Share the story with us so we can spread the word!
Why do UGA students need help?
- The COVID-19 crisis has severely impacted the lives of many UGA students as it has so many. Some students have lost critical income from student jobs or from jobs at area employers that are temporarily closed. In other cases, students’ families are no longer able to financially support their education.
- By giving to student emergency funds, our donors can have a powerful, direct and immediate effect on these students’ lives—providing them the means to buy food, pay rent, receive medicine and medical care, and secure the technology they need to continue their education. This blog post explains why this support is so critical right now.
- Emergency funding is prioritized for students who demonstrate significant financial need and have exhausted available resources such as student loans.
Why doesn’t UGA use their own money to support students experiencing challenges due to the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Students’ well-being is a top priority for UGA. However, state dollars cannot be used for student scholarship support. That is why UGA committed $600,000 in private funds from the UGA Foundation to immediately support students facing hardships due to COVID-19.
- Record numbers of students are requesting emergency financial assistance, so every gift from our generous alumni helps! Learn more about these funds.
I have made or plan to make a gift to UGA. Should I follow the same processes?
- As always, your financial support is appreciated. The UGA Foundation will continue to operate, albeit with most staff working remotely. Someone will be in the office daily to collect USPS, campus mail, and hand deliveries, sort mail, and process gifts and pledges. There may be some delay from normal.
- If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I ensure a gift by check is processed by UGA?
- The UGA Foundation will be processing checks, albeit with most staff working remotely. Someone will be in the office daily to collect USPS, campus mail, and hand deliveries, sort mail, and process gifts and pledges. There may be some delay from normal. More detail available at the UGA Foundation website.
- Please email email@example.com if you have questions about a gift in process.