The University of Georgia will host its second annual Return to the Arch Alumni Seminar, a three-day educational gathering for UGA alumni and friends, from May 1-3, 2015. This year’s theme is “Food for Thought” and will feature lectures, tours and interactive seminars that showcase the best that UGA has to offer. Come prepared with open minds and empty stomachs as you experience a fun, food-filled weekend on campus.
Seminar highlights include:
- A reception and dinner with Food Network star and alumnus Alton Brown (AB ’04)
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of campus
- Presentations from leading UGA faculty members
- Address by Peter Dale (ABJ ’99), owner/chef of The National in Athens, 2012 Food & Wine’s “People’s Best New Chef-Southeast”
- A farm-to-table dinner under the stars on Herty Field
The registration fee for this three-day seminar is $290 per person, which includes all meals, beverages, transportation, seminars and special activities. It does not include hotel accommodations.
A supplemental dining package for non-attendee spouses/guests may be purchased for $115. This includes the Friday reception and dinner with Alton Brown, the Saturday reception and Ffarm-to-table dinner on Herty Field, and a local lunch market on Sunday.