This past Tuesday, voters across the country cast their ballots in both state and federal elections. The UGA Alumni Association is proud of all graduates who seek and/or obtain positions in which they represent and support their communities. Here is a roundup of Bulldogs who are now serving in elected positions.
There are seven UGA alumni who will serve in the next Congress:
- Sen. Johnny Isakson (BBA ’66)
- Rep. Buddy Carter (BSPH ’80), GA-1
- Rep. Rob Woodall (JD ’97), GA-7
- Rep. Austin Scott (BBA ’93), GA-8
- Rep. Tom Graves (BBA ’93), GA-14
- Rep. Ander Crenshaw (AB ’66), FL-4
- Rep. Dina Titus (MA ’73), NV-1
In the Georgia General Assembly, 65 of the 236 members (27.5 percent) are UGA alumni. That includes 17 of 56 senators, and 48 of 180 members of the House.
The UGA Alumni Association hopes these individuals, like all alumni, find great success in their professional and personal endeavors. Go Dawgs!